Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just Kidding about Building a House

So we went in on Thursday to pick out the exterior of our house and the lady helping us mentioned in passing that the bid they gave us didn't include their fee. It was enough of a fee that we decided to get out of the land deal and look into buying an already complete home. What did I learn from this charade? Well, I did learn that I do not speak blueprint. I can't look at a picture and see a big house. I also can tell you that a lot more goes into a house than just a couple of paint colors. I think that when we changed our plans we were relieved. Everyone except Ally, who really wants a house with a little door that goes under the stairs. There's still hope for that one.

2 comments:

Courtni said...

MEGAN!!! So fun to "catch up" via the blogs...it has been so long! Congrats on the new addition -- how cute are your girls!? I'll for sure send you an invite to our blog...if all goes as planned I will go private this weekend and then start writing blogs again.

Todd and Hana Freeman said...

Hey!! I am so excited that you started a blog!! What fun! We have not seen many pictures of Bailey so it will be fun to keep up this way...it is sad to live away because you miss seeing them grow! Are you guys coming down with everyone on the 28th? Just wondering! We miss you!!