Thursday, June 11, 2009

To Say, or Not to Say

I just talked to my doctor today, and I found out that I am going to be induced on Monday, June 15. I have never been induced so I am a little bit nervous, but the thought of not being pregnant and having a cute baby to show for it is something that I just can't pass up. So... in honor of pregnant women everywhere I present (drumroll please)....

THE TOP FIVE REMARKS I HAVE HEARD WHILE PREGNANT
5)"You're still pregnant? You looked ready to have your baby a month ago!"
4)"I can't believe you are still pregnant. I was just thinking to myself, 'it seems like she has been pregnant forever.'"
3)"You have just blossomed like a rose."
2)"I wonder if there is another baby hiding behind their sister."

and the #1 comment.....
1)"Do all pregnant women get bellies that big?" (Aren't we all standing in line to be his wife?)

While pregnancy has its obvious rewards, I look forward to being at a place in life where people don't just say the first thing that comes from their mouths and think it is Okay because you're pregnant.

6 comments:

Audrey said...

I feel your pain. I hate that pregnancy is an excuse for people to touch your belly and say whatever they want. Anyway, congrats and I hope all goes well. Are you going to be brave and come to the reunion? I think we are but we will have to see how the baby is doing! Hope to see you soon!

Nina said...

Good luck. I can't believe it has almost been 4 weeks since I was pregnant. I don't miss it at all! And I love trying to type one handed with a squirmy baby in my arms.

Courtni said...

So exciting to be having a baby Monday! Can't wait to see pics...I have been induced, and you don't have anything to worry about!

love the comments that you got...i totally forgot about that aspect of pregnancy. you never know whether to fake laugh or ask them if they seriously just said that. :-)

Good luck Monday!! I'm sure she'll be beautiful like the rest of your girls!

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud for real! That was pretty good! I cant believe the things that come out of peoples mouths. When Tia was preggers with her daughter they thought she was due any day and she was only 4 months! LOL She got a lot of "are you having twins?" I get the you look good for just having a baby comment all the time. . . should I tell them I adopted. . . that isnt a compliment especially because I didnt just have a baby. That is when I hit the gym hard again!

Wendy said...

Loved your thought about pregnancy and all the GLORY! Good Luck with your induction on Monday. Excited to hear how it all goes, you'll do great! Thanks for being such an incredible friend! Love you! Wendy

Kristen said...

So hopefully you have a baby by now:) Everytime I remember what pregnancy is like, I think I'm just fine with four kids:) Hope all went well.