Friday, August 28, 2009

Ally's First Day of School

My Ally started school today. She's a big 'ole first grader and goes to school all day long. She was so brave and excited for school. Good for her. I cried three different times during the day when I missed her. Who's the baby now?


The other girls have missed her too. I think that she has been their main source of entertainment. The scary part is that they are filling up their time with all manor of mischief. Taylor spent my showering time emptying all of the stuffing from one of the couch cushions.

Bailey is automatically drawn to any kind of water. Yes, that includes toilet. I find that the time that I am feeding Kennedy is a prime time to fill with all manner of "fun." I'm sure that we'll all adjust to this new schedule. Until then, if anyone sees my kids out in the middle of the road with no clothes on and covered in toilet water, just send 'em my way.

4 comments:

doni said...

Megan, I just found your blog on Julies and thought I would say hi. It's fun that Ally and Damon are in the same class again. I am also glad to see your new little one. Hope you don't mind if I cyber-visits again sometime.

B and BO said...

Jacob has also hit the first-grade mark, and hasn't looked back. He even wants to walk by himself! Yikeseroo. I'm not sure I'm that ready to let go yet.
FYI: they make toilet seat locks, for the busy mom with even busier kids.

Wendy said...

Congratulations Ally starting your first day of first grade! You have grown up so much and are such a sweet girl. We love you! Wendy and the boys

Unknown said...

It is so strange to think she is in first grade. THe last time I saw her was probably when she was a brand new baby. THe last time I saw you was when my Alex was a brand new baby. What is with that? WE need to see each other more often. Keep up the good work. . your family is amazing!