Monday, June 16, 2008

When it Rains, It Pours

If this title was literal, there would be family falling from the sky in droves. We have had a great, family filled past two weeks and we are exhausted from cousin slumber parties, late nights games, kids sleeping in new places, and late night movies. It has felt like a slumber party that lasts two weeks!
Here's the low down:
We went to the temple on Tuesday the 10th because it was Brent's grandparents' 100th anniversary. A good portion of their posterity was there. I think I really got an idea what the Celestial Kingdom will feel like because the session was filled with only family. It was so fun to be there and experience that. It makes me want to live better. I also learned that it is a good thing that we have eternity in the next life because it will take that long to catch up with everyone.













The night before, we went swimming at the hotel where everyone was staying. The girls really liked playing in the water. Taylor is quite the dare devil.




Over the weekend we went to Buhl and spent more time with family. It was great to see everyone. I think it is so funny that in Brent's family, the adults can out play the kids. All the kids go to sleep and the adults are still kicking around into the wee hours of the night.
Ally was in heaven the whole time. We went to church on Sunday, and I think that we doubled the size of their primary with all the cousins that came. She got to sleep in the same room as cousins, ran through the sprinkler, and pretty much disappeared the whole time.
Thanks for a great time everyone!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, your family is super cute! It looks like the reunion was tons of fun, thanks for the pictures.

Rachel said...

Sorry, I just realized my comment was maybe incognito, it's Rachel, your niece! I love you all!

Stewart Family said...

How fun. Wouldn't it be fun to be a kid. I love watching them play so carefree. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. That picture of Brents Dad and Bailey is priceless. How cute.