Thursday, October 16, 2008

Change, Change, Change

We have really been enjoying ourselves lately. Over Conference weekend, we went to Brent's family cabin at Island Park. We made a pit stop at warm river where there are fish that eat what ever you throw in the water. My whatever, I mean that we didn't have bread so we threw Cheetos, and they loved it! After Warm River, we went up to Mesa Falls. It was so pretty! All of the trees were turning colors and the waterfall is always fantastic.
I'm posting this picture because it is the only picture in existence where everyone is actually looking at the camera. Nevermind that no one is smiling...they are looking!


Conference was great! I loved the talks and we enjoyed being up at the cabin. It is always so peaceful up there. I love being in someone else's home because it is easier for me to just sit and enjoy rather that mull over 2,000 things I should be doing.

The next weekend, we got a ton of snow. I couldn't believe it!



Taylor and Ally went outside and built a snowman with Brent.



The day they were out, there wasn't much snow, but Brent still managed to find enough snow to build a snowman and still pull them around the back yard on a sled. It was especially funny when he would hit wet grass. It's just not as slippery, and he had to give it a real heave-ho!



As I sit and write this post, I am just amazed at what can happen in a short amount of time. A lot of little things have showed me that my girls are growing up.
Ally learned to ride a bike! She usually doesn't do well when she gets hurt, but she was so determined to learn that she would totatally biff it and then she would get up and go again. She is learning a ton in kindergarten and is always writing down letters and making her own flashcards. It is crazy that she comes up with all of this information that I didn't teach her.
Taylor is bound and determined to peddle her tricycle. She is potty trained and turning two on Sunday.
Even Bailey is learning all kinds of things. She learned how to use a sippy cup and go backwards down the stairs.



These all seem like little things, but it is crazy how much all of those little things added together can change what I do. Someone else teaches Ally for three hours a day. I only have one diaper to change, and I don't have to guard the stairs, are things that come to mind.
I always thought all of that progress would make me sad, but I am just proud of my girls. I am amazed at how determined they are to learn new things, and mostly, I am thankful that I get to be a part of it all.

4 comments:

Jen Hunt said...

Wow! Potty trained already! I am sooooo jealous. I need to get in gear. Tanner is ready...I'm not! I am so glad that your girls are all doing well.

Courtni said...

That picture of Bailey with the cowgirl hat belongs in a magazine...darling! I know what you mean about the family picture where everyone is looking -- we have few ones of those as well (and they are treasured!)

Unknown said...

I am also jelous about the potty training. We are working with Alex but he is not interested at all. I think it is partly because of the new baby sister. He will be 2 1/2 next month and I bet we still have a few months after that before he is ready. Your family is so cute. THe day it snowed on you guys it was 80 here. Hearing your story of Island Park makes me a little bit homesick. I am glad you get out and enjoy the outdoors.

Stewart Family said...

Cute cute pics. I can't believe you guys got that much snow. That's a fun little snow man.